RARE FRUIT SOCIETY OF THE PHILIPPINES (RFSP) is composed of professional, commercial, amateur, and hobby growers of exotic and native tropical fruits in the Philippines. The purpose of the group is to share knowledge, expertise, and experiences of growing tropical fruits with other members.
The group encourages its members to exchange planting materials, seeds, and budsticks for the propagation of rare, minor, new variety of tropical fruits among its members to preserve and conserve the said fruits and the environment for future use due to the deforestation and industrialization in our country.
Lastly, the group aims to improve the fruit industry and to alleviate poverty by helping small farmers through technology transfer and information dissemination. The group hopes that by doing this we will not only be enjoying planting and collecting our favorite tropical fruits but by learning to help others especially the less fortunate.
1. To develop and establish regional or area networks of rare fruit growers in there respective area for strong alliance and future growth of the group.
2. To assemble, collate, and distribute relevant information on selected tropical fruit species for dissemination to scientists, fruit growers, and policy makers.
3. To improve propagation, production, and management practices of tropical fruits.
4. To reduce post-harvest losses and enhance quality through improved post-production and value adding technologies.
5. To facilitate rural development through efficient farming system research and extension services and improved nutrition particularly for women and children.
6. To strengthen the capabilities of local and national institutions through appropriate training.
7. To facilitate and collaborate partnerships among countries in the world for biodiversity conservation, efficient use of genetic resources, expertise, and, technologies.