This is a group for users of the program BitTorrent.
This is the place for help, discussion and sharing of information regarding links, using the program and sharing files.
Please check the FAQ before posting to the list: www.dessent.net/btfaq/ or alternatively btfaq.com.
Also check out: bamber.org/wiki.
A tutorial for useing Bit Torrent with a step by step on most any task involving torrents and the files you download can be found at: The Bit Torrent Bible.
Most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Handling BIN/CUE files -- they should be burned to a CDR (eg Nero's Burn Image command); or mounted to a virtual CDROM with Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%; or use ISOBuster or VCDGear to extract the files inside.
- If you have a directory with a bunch of .RAR .R00 .R01 (or .000 .001 .002) files, open the first one with WinRAR and choose Extract.
- To get the best download speeds with BitTorrent, forward and/or unfirewall ports 6881-6999; and limit your upload rate to slightly less than your connection's maximum UL rate.
- If you get the "[Errno 2] No such file or directory" message, right-click the torrent link, choose Save Target As and save the file to your disk somewhere, then double-click that file to launch your BT program and begin the actual download.
- If a movie or video file won't play back it usually is due to not having the codec installed that corresponds to the format the file was encoded with. Use the GSpot program for assitance (see the Links section of this group.)
NOTE: This is a HIGH VOLUME GROUP AVERAGING 30 to 50 emails A DAY. If you do not want that many emails in your inbox or can't handle that many emails, then DO NOT SUBSCRIBE